Tuesday, June 5, 2012


Well here I am in Uganda! You could say that my travels were much smoother than my last trip to Africa, and lets be honest I did not do a thing and was very content just to follow everyone else. The only reason I had to look at my ticket was to find my seat on the plane. Anyways after being here for a couple of weeks I have already fallen in love with the children! They seriously can make any day good no matter how bad of a day that you have had. Glee seems to be very popular here, so SPOT looks like Uganda is calling your name. Sadly, when I took out my shampoo to wash my hair I found that it was in fact conditioner. Yep I brought not one but two conditioners. So my hair looks awesome. Shout out to Jonathan and Catherine: Everyone here thinks that they have already met me because apparently my face looks familiar. So thanks for that. And Jonathan thanks for not liking the mangos because my name is Auntie MANGO. So a recap of all my names here besides or instead of Brittany: Uncle Jonathan, Auntie Catherine, Auntie Mango, and Auntie NEMA…which I just understood what it means-NEVER EAT MANGOS AGAIN. On our first day off I bungi jumped over the Nile River, sorry Carmen I had too. I was terrified and there will be pictures to come of the sheer panic on my face. It was the scariest, coolest thing I have ever done.  Unfortunately, I will never do it again.
Okay now to serious stuff, The Lord has completely blown me away already and I still have two months left. The Lord is definitely stretching me and using me and I am so thankful. He has shown me what it looks like to be obedient and all the blessings that come from that. He is so good! Me and three other girls are in a family group and we were challenged to pick one word to focus on while we are here. After thinking of many words we came up with intentional. Oh yeah I have another name, MOM- that’s what my family calls me. Ha so there is another name to add to the list. It truly is the perfect word because not only are we being intentional with our relationships with one another but we are being intentional in our serving. Through sharing our lives and being vulnerable we have really gotten to know each other and understand how to better pray for one another. And through helping cook or iron we have gotten to know the hearts of the wonderful people who serve in this house everyday.  Even through being intentional to hang out with the kids in this house I have been so humbled by their sweet hearts. In hebrews 10:24-25 it says “and let us consider how to spur one another to love and good deeds, not neglecting to meet together, while encouraging one another.” I feel like this verse says so much about being intentional, and have been so challenged by it. Well until my next blog I love you all and thanks again for the prayers and support! 

2 comments:

  1. Britt...sounds like a great start. Proud of all you are doing and learning. Love you, Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work bestie!! Im praying for you and will continue to. Stay safe!! And good luck with the conditioner. I mean, soap is soap, right?

    ReplyDelete