Thursday, July 22, 2010

Well the other day i was informed that i could write what i needed to and then transfer it over to my blog....mhmmm this is a very brilliant idea!....Now instead of frantically trying to think and write under a time limit, i now can arrange my thoughts..but on the other hand maybe not!

Anyways its been a while since my last blog, Jonathan has been very good company. We have been helping register Students at The University of Dar Es Salaam for a conference that is coming up. We went to the beach last Saturday, which was very pretty! So yes i touched the Indian Ocean, I kept repeating the Indian Ocean to myself....I didnt want to forget and say the wrong ocean, because that sounds like a total me move! That would have been Horrible! So Mama Grace’s sister has been staying here for a while(and yes, i still do not know how to pronounce her name) but anyways the other day, i was zoned out(as usual) and then i heard “BRITIAN, i love you!” I started to laugh, and she was like “Why you laugh? You my daughter, and I love you!” Haha she is so funny, this house is full of Love and care! For dinner one night i opened the pot to find to what i thought was mashed potatoes, that somehow had been changed to the color of purple. Yes purple mashed potatoes?? After putting the first rather large bite into my mouth, i knew that it was NOT mashed potatoes, but in-fact yams....probably one of my least favorite foods in the whole entire world. I had a Pop-tart saved to eat, and well i was waiting for the perfect moment, but the ants took my moment away..saddest thing ever, ants and me are not on good terms!

Ahh so another story...the other day i was walking in a very crowded area, and well this man decided to stick his hand in my purse pocket!....I was robbed of my Gum! I told him that i hope he enjoyed my ACB gum!(probably a good thing that he could not understand me)

Every night we have a prayer time, and we have to sing in swahili, and well Jonathan can sing,(unlike me, who we all know cant even clap and sing at the same time) well basically he charms everyone with his Swahili singing, “So good John, Very good!” they say to him! Ahh he always beats me! So i probably was just more confusing with all my stories, because i actually had time to think about what i was writting!

The Family comes in a week, which i am VERY excited about, all together in Africa!

Although i cannot wait for everyone to be here, Jonathan reminded me that we do not need to wish this time away, because we are here for in-fact a purpose. Romans 8:5 says: “For those who live according to the Flesh, set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, set their minds on the things of the spirit.” I have had a chance to really think and apply this to my life while in Africa, so many days i think about my selfish desires and live in the flesh, when really i need to be glorifying God every single minute of the day. Psalms 34:5 says “..Those who look to him are RADIANT!” Ahh Radiance in this verse can be defined in a whole new way, what an awesome picture! So yeah basically im just trying to say God is trying to teach me to look at him instead of me!

3 comments:

  1. Britton...love your thoughts. It really seems you are learning a ton. I can't wait to get there and have you introduce me to your "world". Love you and PROUD of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany! I love to hear your stories! I can't believe the stinking ants ate your pop tart!!! That's a major bummer! Guess you'll have to eat more purple potatos! :) I must say I am very proud of you because I really don't think I could be eating all the colorful food over there. The green stuff you had a picture of...well let's just say I am very thankful for American food! A friend of mine from work who was from India used to bring in green stuff and she begged me to try it - I just couldn't do it! Anyway, I LOVE that verse...those who look to Him are radiant! That's exactly what you are! Whether you can sing or not or speak Swahilli or not - it just doesn't matter because they can see Jesus in you - in your radiance! I love you Brittany! Your family leaves tomorrow to come and join you! Yaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh lori! i miss you!! and i love you so so so much:)

    ReplyDelete