Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Well today jonathan is sitting next to me, safe and sound!....God is good, oh so good! This trip has had many surprises for sure, you think you know whats coming, and then God goes and surprises you. I guess coming to Africa i did not know what really to expect....i mean there are things here, that seem the same as home. Texting teenagers everywhere you turn, a mall, nice cars, beautiful homes...and then the things that you remind you, you are in Africa. We as Americans take things for granted every single day, thank God for traffic lights, and for air conditioning...the list could go on, but just take a minute and thank God for the things that you never thank him for, because they truely are a blessing.
Since the last blog, i infact have thrown just one peice of food out the window, thats all..last time hopefully! I have found some food that i wont throw out the window, that would be the "Pankcaks"(Tortilla shells, but for me they call them pancakes) I have become more familiar with my little home here, and people can see me a mile away....Today i was walking and they go oh look at Britian lookin all African! haha...I feel like an intern for sure, typing away for Mama Grace, so that has been good! I attempted to wash my clothes.....yes attempted...i got laughed at by my family here, and lets just say they took over from there! Yeah so Mom thanks for the 3 in 1 washer and dryer sheets, they are keeping my shoes smelling great! Yes yes i know i am white, i have accepted it! Ahh scottie...you should know they call you SCOTT...haha its hilarious!(wow totally random, but your more white than me, so yeah.) Ahh i went to a baptism celebration...WOW! And yes i said "this looks like a wedding!" -yes stupid me said this outloud infront of 100's of people, but thankfully most of them spoke Swahili...so it was okay! Lets see to this celebration i wore jeans and a Tshirt, and my glasses.....yeah so just use your own judgement on how i stood out even more!
As you all have heard Africans and time, dont really work out to well, so yes i have had a lot of sitting time, and not gonna lie, i became very frustrated with God, and still am. God has fully captured my attention, because during the sitting times you have nothing else to do except talk to God, when am i ever going to get another time like this in my life?? After changing my attitude from HORRIBLE to better, i hopefully won't miss what God is trying to teach to me through this trip!
P s: Jonathan knows more Swahili than me, and everyone has let me know that too! Shocking...i think not!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love it, Brit and your willingness to adapt--whether or not it may be a forced adaption at times. :) We ALL have to learn things everyday, so don't think you are alone in that department! So glad that Jonathan is now with you to add that visible security and comfort for you both. The Bile speaks to the strength of two, "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work...A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12)Seek His will and go for it boldly! Love ya, ms g

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh well, that would actually be the BIBLE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittan(y), what a beautiful woman of God you are growing into! I was reading your last post about wanting to be able to reach out to the kids at the orphanage but feeling somewhat lost about how to do so because of the language barrier. Welcome to my world, sweet Brittany! But you are so right. There is one thing you can "say" that is synonymous across all languages - dare I say 2 - smile and hug. They mean the same - relay the same message - no matter what language your tongues may speak! Never underestimate the power of the love of God surmount something as trivial as a language barrier, sweet girl, for others can still see Him through you - in your actions, in your expressions, in your attitudes, in your acceptance of them for who they are...the list goes on. "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13 Praying for you, sweet Britt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So when you get back we are going to have a sit down and you are going to tell me everything!!! Okay! BYE!!! I LOVE YOUUUUU!!!!

    Your Bestie :)

    ReplyDelete